At Gunster Strategies, every season is campaign season.
Gunster Strategies is an award-winning public affairs firm that specializes in issue advocacy, corporate social responsibility, and political communication campaigns. Comprised of dynamic, industry-leading experts, Gunster Strategies provides an enriching environment for professionals to thrive and grow.
To apply to any of the posted positions, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Make helpful recommendations for action based on analysis of accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to legal requirements and advise management on appropriate action.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
The ideal candidate is confident with answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. Comfort with accomplishing superb results in a timely manner is essential. An ability to contribute to team efforts and perform assigned tasks efficiently is required. Qualified applicants should have experience in accounting, corporate finance, SFAS rules, maintaining confidentiality, data entry management, research, reporting finances, and general math skills. Candidates should be deadline-oriented, maintain exceptional attention to detail, and practice stellar time-management.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].