At Gunster Strategies, every season is campaign season.
Gunster Strategies is an award-winning public affairs firm that specializes in issue advocacy, corporate social responsibility, and political communication campaigns. Comprised of dynamic, industry-leading experts, Gunster Strategies provides an enriching environment for professionals to thrive and grow.
To apply to any of the posted positions, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Junior Accountant, you will be tasked with providing financial information to senior staff by researching and analyzing accounting data. The Junior Accountant is expected to uphold the highest levels of discretion and efficiency while preparing reports and handling Gunster Strategies’ financial matters.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Make helpful recommendations for action based on analysis of accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to legal requirements and advise management on appropriate action.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
The ideal candidate is confident with answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. Comfort with accomplishing superb results in a timely manner is essential. An ability to contribute to team efforts and perform assigned tasks efficiently is required. Qualified applicants should have experience in accounting, corporate finance, SFAS rules, maintaining confidentiality, data entry management, research, reporting finances, and general math skills. Candidates should be deadline-oriented, maintain exceptional attention to detail, and practice stellar time-management.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Junior Graphic Designer
The firm seeks a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Creative Department. This individual will be responsible for producing creative assets including graphics for print, digital ads, presentations, case studies, proposals, and social media.
As the Junior Graphic Designer, you are tasked with maintaining the company’s creative aesthetics all while ensuring each graphic meets the client’s specifications. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem-solver who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure client requests are met. An ability to work well with others while delivering assets in a fast-paced work environment is essential.
Gunster Strategies offers a competitive base salary, 401K options, insurance, and benefits with a possible bonus based on yearly performance.
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
- Experience in political and advocacy campaigns preferred, but not required
- Experience with Adobe CC required
- Candidate must have an online portfolio
- Understanding of typography, composition, layout, color, image formats, pre-press, HTML, and interactive design
- Salary: $45,000 (negotiable) with advancement opportunities
- Produce graphics for print and digital ads, websites, social media, case studies, proposals, and other assigned tasks
- Report directly to the Art Director
- Stay in-the-know with updates on accounts
- Work directly with CEO, President, VP, and Account Manager on high-level design projects
- Execute tasks promptly and politely
- Ability to produce edits for projects of a complex and difficult nature, which may involve research and analysis of issues upon request by the Art Director
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.